Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pillowcase Dresses (Part 1!)

     I am SO blessed to have so many people that are getting involved and helping me as I prepare for my trip! I am leaving exactly a month from today (today being June second!) Yesterday some friends of mine opened their home and hosted a fun girly sewing day! We made dresses out of pillowcases for the girls I will be ministering to at the orphanage in Thailand. As the girls grow, the dresses will grow with them and turn into shirts. We had so much fun doing this together that I'm sure we'll be making more for future trips!
Cara (top right) and Amanda (bottom right) making their pillowcase dresses for the orphan girls.


Hard at work! 
Making the dresses.

Left to right: Audrey, Mrs. Hollis & Mrs. Heidi. with their first finished dresses!

Left to right: Amanda, Cara & me with our first dresses!
Left to right: Me, Amanda & Cara with our second finished dresses!
     The dresses turned out beautifully! Each one is so different and unique, just like the sweet girls who will be wearing them. We ended up finishing thirteen in one afternoon, with each dress taking about thirty minutes to make. Altogether we need to make thirty, so we will be getting together some time soon to get the next half done. Each dress will be sent off with a picture and letter from the person that made it, to make the experience more personalized and special for the orphans! I just can't wait to watch the girls choose and enjoy their pretty dresses. It should be a beautiful experience!

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
John 14:18 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those look so cool. I definitely should make one.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really easy and fun to make! You could definitely do it! The first dress took me a bit longer than the rest because I was figuring out how to make them, but the rest were really easy and only took about 30 minutes each.

      Delete