Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'm a high-school graduate! What?!

     Well, I am officially a high-school graduate and I am so proud to say that I was home-schooled through all twelve of those years! I doubled up my schoolwork during my last year of high-school and ended up graduating in three years instead of four! So, technically it's been eleven years, not twelve. :) But, anyway, now I'm a year ahead and just super excited to see what God has in store for this next season of my life! 

My favorite cap and gown picture!
Me with my brothers!
Left to right: James, Joshua, Me, Grant and Ethan.
Me with my family and my grandparents.
Top row: Joshua, G'ma Sharon, G'pa Bill and Grant.
Bottom row: James, Mom, Me, Dad and Ethan.

My daddy bought my mom and I roses!
I am so privileged to say that I was educated and discipled by such an admirable woman. There were afternoons when we wanted to give up (I'm thinking of tears over math pages,) but there were so many more beautiful moments that made everything worthwhile. I couldn't feel more proud of my mom and dad for sacrificing such a big portion of their lives to home-school my brothers and I. My mom's a Proverbs 31 woman! I wanna' be like her when I grow up!
 
     The graduation ceremony was beautiful and the whole day ended up being really special and memorable. We went over to my friend's house after the ceremony and had a fun evening with close family friends!
     My parents have also offered to take me and a friend out to Palm Springs this weekend as a graduation gift. I was SO blessed and shocked when my dad told me! So, this weekend my dad has the boys at home while the girls are out vacationing in Palm Springs. I almost want to stay home just to see what happens when the girls of the house are gone. 
     Watch... we'll come back and they'll all have Mohawks. ;)

In His Service,
~Hannah Boyd
Philippians 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment