Friday, October 11, 2013

LIFE Update (& pics from Thailand)!

Pot, Mimi, Me & Bebe

Hey, everybody! I've been SUPER busy so I haven't had as much time to blog, but I still want to update it as often as I can, despite my crowded schedule! Here are the main three things that are going on right now in my life:

1.) College. Right now I'm living at home and commuting to my college campus for classes. I JUST finished my first college class (english) last night with an A! I was initially afraid that the transition from home-schooling to commuting to a secular junior college (in order to remain debt free) would be difficult academically. However, I was wrong. At first I had to get used to the expectations of each different professor, but after getting used to the different expectations, the transition went smoothly. My dad is driving me to campus everyday right now, too and we've had some really good conversations on the way to and from class. So, as of right now, I am going to college full-time, have an A under my belt, and, more importantly, I am completely DEBT FREE! Praise The Lord!

Wearing the Pillowcase Dresses @ church

2.) My job @ ROOTS Family Church. After returning from Thailand in July, I was presented with a wonderful job opportunity from the elders at my church. For those of you who don't know, my parents are church-planters, which means that they start new churches. The ministry that The Lord has led us to right now is to plant a network of family focused house churches. However, when each of these new congregations start, they are in need of a worship leader. My job at Roots is to be a "worship catalyst" by going to each of the new house churches and launching the worship ministries for each congregation. My goal will be to train and raise up a worship leader within the congregation, essentially working myself out of the job. I LOVE my job!!! However, I'm raising support (my own salary), so it is still hard work! This is also helping me start a support base for my orphan ministry that I dream of starting four years down the road (after graduating college).

Sweet Chai & I

3.) Discipleship. One of the biggest things I got out of my trip to Asia this summer was a passion for discipleship. The staff members at Sending Hope International did a fantastic job investing into the girls’ lives and giving the children opportunities to lead the Bible studies, the worship and the prayer time. When these girls prayed and worshipped, they were passionate. They were in love with and on fire for Christ in a way that I had never seen before in America. I then thought about the girls in my life back in California and just how wonderful it would be if those girls were just as on-fire for Christ as the orphans at Sending Hope. After praying about it and talking with some trusted authority figures in my life, I have decided to begin doing one-on-one discipleship with junior-high girls who are thirsty for Christ and committed to growing closer to Him.  I have already begun meeting one-on-one with two girls on a weekly basis. The girls love it and I love it, too. I am super excited to walk alongside them during the most formative years of their life and watch as they grow into beautiful young women after God’s own heart.

Chai, Pawn & Jintinah in their Pillowcase Dresses!

Soooo.... God's been doing some awesome things in my life, lately. It's a CRAZY stage of life, but a good stage of life. I would really appreciate your prayers as I raise support for my job, continue college and continue further investing into the tween girls that I'm discipling! Thank you SO much!!

In His Service,
Hannah Boyd
~Philippians 1:21







14 comments:

  1. Wow, that it so cool! I'll be praying for you when I think of you... Could I put you on my prayer request list on my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! I need all the prayer I can get! I'd love to be praying for you as well!

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah! Thanks so much for the follow...following you back! Love your blog and your love for the Lord! You remind me sooo much of my daughter Kerington, who turns 24 today. You both are the only/eldest daughters of church planters and older sisters to younger brothers. But most importantly, you both are on fire for Jesus!! Congrats on your success in college! Have a blessed weekend sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs Pulliam! And thank you for the follow as well. Have a great week! God bless!

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah! I have just seen that you started following our blog! Welcome and thanks SO much! I hope that we will be good encourages to you while representing Christ! We look forward to following you! I too am hoping to do mission work with children in the future! My first mission trip is next summer and I am so exited about it!
    ~ Cassie from Calico Clodhoppers
    p.s. Your blog's design is so beautiful! We need to find time to work on our own! :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your blog is BEAUTIFUL! Do you know where you are going next summer yet? I am also hoping to go on a mission trip next summer, but still praying about where to go. And, by the way, I looooove your modest clothing style! It is always encouraging to come in contact with other young ladies who dress modestly and believe in biblical femininity.

      Delete
  4. Love this post girl!! Missions are so close to my heart. I look forward to following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! I look forward to following you, too! God bless!! :)

      Delete
  5. You can tell from this post that you have a beautiful heart. Praising God for those like you who serve him wholeheartedly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Courtney! And thanks for the follow!!! God bless...

      Delete
  6. Hi Hannah! What fun to see your 'follow' on my blog this morning! Thank you for extending yourself in blog-friendship. I look forward to getting to know you better. You have a very active life in the Lord, and getting your education too. I think you will be inspiring me!

    Happy Thursday :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Fantastic post and great photos! I like it so much! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post and pictures.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! I'm here in Thailand now and I'm experiencing your life here. God Bless! the family international

    ReplyDelete