Friday, June 28, 2013

Pillowcase Dresses (Part 2!)

   Well, only four days, two hours, fifty-two minutes and forty-five seconds until my plane leaves for Asia! Not like I'm keeping track or anything. ;) I have a countdown application on my phone that I keep checking constantly. I am so excited! I can't wait to finally meet those orphan girls and give them all a great big hug.

I took this picture one week from my departure date. :)
    
      Last Saturday me and some of the ladies from my church got together and finished the pillowcase dresses that we were making for the girls in the orphanage! In two afternoons, we finished thirty dresses! Here are a few pictures of the dresses. 

The final thirty dresses!
They are all so different and unique! 
They're packed and ready to go!
I won't be bringing them in the tubs, though. :)

     All of us ladies had so much fun making these dresses together. I can't wait to give them to the girls and share the pictures with you guys! I want to be updating my blog while I'm there, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to upload pictures from my camera since I'm not bringing my own computer. If I can't upload pictures while I'm there, I'll make sure to upload them once I get back!
     I'm almost done packing for the trip and I'm anticipating it more and more each day. On Sunday, my church will be commissioning me and we will also be finishing up the book of Philippians. It should be a fun day with friends and family! Of course, it will be my last Sunday with my church family before leaving for Asia, so it will be sad to say goodbye! I keep reminding my little brothers that it will only be for a month, but to them a month seems like an eternity. :) I know that it will be a life-changing experience and I'm really looking forward to making memories that will last a lifetime!   

My Prayer Requests:
Pray that I can find my way through the airports, that I'll be able to sleep on the airplane and that I'll be able to adjust to Cambodian time quickly! Please also pray that I'll adjust well to the heat. I know that I don't do well with hot weather, so I've been praying that I won't get heatstroke and that the heat and humidity won't shock my system. 

Do you have any prayer requests? If so, comment the request below and I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers!


James 1:27 (KJV)
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction and to keep himself unspotted from the world."



In His Service,
-Hannah Boyd
Philippians 1:21

1 comment: