Monday, June 10, 2013

Debt-Free

     Going into college, my main priority is to graduate debt-free. For me, that means that if I don't have the money to pay for classes then I won't sign up for them. I won't buy anything that I can't afford and I won't register for classes that I don't have the money for. That seems like a pretty basic concept to me, but as I've been sharing my debt-free goal with more and more people I have been surprised to have received a couple negative responses! The negativity isn't because people oppose my goal, but it is because they think that it's impossible (especially if I won't take loans.) Despite the discouraging comments, remaining debt-free continues to be a conviction of mine.

"For with God nothing shall be impossible."
Luke 1:37

     In the height of my discouragement, I completely forgot that it wasn't just my goal to graduate debt-free... it was God's goal for me as well. I knew that He wanted me to graduate without debt, but at that point, I had no idea how he would do it. Remaining debt-free seemed impossible, but I had faith that if His will for me was to have no debt, he would provide the means for me to do so.
     The next day I had the opportunity to meet with a financial aid counselor from the college to discuss the costs for the upcoming year. I was prepared for discouraging news, but our meeting was exactly the opposite of that! The counselor told me that the aid I was going to receive would cover my tuition (all of my classes!) And since I would still be living at home, I'd be getting free room and board as well! I immediately smiled as I realized what had just happened. The Lord had provided, once again! Isn't God great?! I am thrilled to be entering into my first year of college knowing that the Lord has provided and I'll be completing it debt-free!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways submit to Him, and he will make your paths straight." 
Proverbs 3:5-6


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! God is amazing!

    Our older brother, Joel, is also going to college! He is working his way through (and he gets his fourth year free because of some program). It has been a huge blessing to him to not have to worry about college funds.

    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great news!! good luck

    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!! Love hearing how God provides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think it is a great idea :) Please come follow my friend Jenna's blog via bloglovin! She is a lovely Christian girl who's blog I think you would enjoy :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1152814511&group=0&frame_type=a&blog=4247273&link=aHR0cDovL2FiZWF1dGlmdWxoZWFydDA3LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA2L2dpdmVhd2F5LXRpbWUuaHRtbA&frame=1&click=0&user=0

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is amazing. <3 :)
    Xox. Kayla
    loveandjoycanchangetheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! God bless you on you schooling.

    ReplyDelete