Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My July Journey


      For the month of July, I will be attending a four-week mission trip with Sending Hope International! The founders, Dave and Joyce Atkins, are close family friends of ours. We will be spending one week in Cambodia, working to establish a new orphanage. Next we will be spending three weeks in Chiang Mai, Thailand, ministering to the hill tribes and serving in an orphanage there. The orphanage rescues little girls (age two to fifteen) from a life of prostitution and sex trafficking. During my time there I will be doing many things with the girls, including teaching English, leading worship and sharing Christ. For years now I have really enjoyed mentoring and ministering to young girls, so I immediately fell in love with this opportunity. My heart just breaks for them and I can't wait to finally hold one of them in my arms! I will be posting in She's A Goody Two-Shoes regularly (before, during and after) with prayer requests and updates about the trip! I am really excited to see what God does in me and through me during this life changing experience.


Learn more about Sending Hope International here:


How to get involved:
Please, pray for me! If you would like to donate items to the orphanage or support me financially, please email me at hamnbacon@mac.com.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing opportunity, I pray God uses you in a mighty. Thanks for being available!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes I got the skirt at Goodwill for $3 :-)
    -Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God encourage you greatly as you prepare!

    ReplyDelete